Present this coupon to receive 20% Off all fat cow family packs
Fat Cow BBQ began with two friends—one who loved mastering a smoker and another who can’t walk by a stranger without conversing with them. It was kind of like the “you got chocolate in my peanut butter” story. Over a few cold beers, the two of them decided to give this a go.
Business experts say always have a business plan, never go into business with friends or family, and always have experience in whatever business you are pursuing. We disregarded all that and pursued this dream against the advice friends, family and—most important—history.
We started with corporate caterings, and our following of Fat Cow fanatics slowly grew over time. As the demand for our delicious BBQ increased, it became apparent a retail space was necessary. We opened the 960 sqft. restaurant on October 30, 2010 with 3 small tables, very little capital, lots of ambition, determination, and many long grueling hours! Eight months later we grew from take out only to a small, sit-down restaurant.
Fat Cow BBQ is a 100+ person sit-down restaurant. Our take out and catering business continues to grow beyond our expectations. Thanks to our loyal customers and fans, Fat Cow is ranked #1 in Lewisville for BBQ and highest rated overall on all major review sites in North Texas.
"Dang good BBQ!
My experience was not dine-in, so this review does not include consideration for ambiance.
What I ordered:
3 meat plate (comes with 2 sides)
1. BBQ Ribs:- Absolutely delicious, fall off the bone ribs. Some of the most tender and flavorful I've ever tasted. The ribs were not overdone with sauce on the outside which I much appreciated, since I'd prefer the option to get messy with the BBQ sauce they provided if I so desired. 5/5
2. Hot Links:- Moist with a very nice snap back, and a good burn to the back of your tongue without being too spicy. 5/5
3. Brisket:- So tender that they were falling apart even before I could really get stuck in. This along with a very nice smoke ring let me know that it was cooked to perfection. The flavor of the smoke was enough, and like the ribs, no sauce necessary. 5/5
1. Mac n cheese - Nice and creamy, nothing to complain about. 4/5
2. Beans - This was the only thing that was a bit of a let down in the meal since I thought they were a little sweet and very generic. 3/5
Overall, a BBQ restaurant should be judged on their meat more than anything else so I'll average my scores and push it forward to 5 stars rather than pull it back to 4.
Top notch!" Naveen R.
"I frequent this establishment all the time the environment is nice and clean, the owner has a classic personality and sense of humor. The food is awesome especially the barbecue ribs. When you get their ask for Austin tell him Ryan sent you." Ryan H.
"I throw an annual boat party at lake Lewisville, and have always ordered from a chain BBQ place. I am sooo glad I made the switch this year to Fat Cow! With blind faith, I managed to order some of the best BBQ in the DFW metroplex. They brought delicious meats, amazing sides, perfect rolls and all utensils, plates and plasticware so I didn't have to lift a finger or worry about a thing. All 50 people were ranting and raving about the food and I looked like a rock star. Pam and Allen were so pleasant to deal with. If you need a party catered or just want great BBQ then Fat Cow is the spot for you! I'll venture an hour out of the way to have it again! Soooo, so good!!!" Dalana M.
With the LocalSaver App, saving money on the products and services you use everyday has never been so easy.