What Is Hydroseeding?
Using our commercial-grade hydroseeder, seed, water, fertilizer, and wood fiber mulch are mixed together in a slurry and applied to prepared soil in a one-step process.
The use of wood fiber mulch accelerates growth by maintaining moisture around the seeds. This increases the rate of germination. See first sprouts in as little as 1 week! Full lawn, no brown seams, mow-ready in as little as 21 days!
Usually at a fraction of the cost of sod, the high-grade, wood mulch forms a green, sponge like mat with several functions.
7 Benefits of Hydroseeding
1. Mixing wood mulch and seed creates a blanket that insulates and protects tender seeds from extreme temperature changes and wind & water erosion.
2. As opposed to sod (where roots are cut), Hydroseeding grows one, solid lawn eliminating brown seams.
3. The wood mulch adds organic enrichment to the soil where sod does not.
4. Water retention saves your water bill – The wood fiber mulch can retain 10 times its weight in water. (Polymer upgrade option retains 500x its weight in water!)
5. Seeds are kept moist resulting in a quicker and thicker grass strands.
6. Protection – Wood fibers protect young seedlings from heat (maintaining soil temperature)
7. Hydroseeding forms a perfect environment for maximum germination.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I prep my lawn for Hydroseeding?
*Hydroseeding requires the same ground preparation as sod.
– Remove existing weeds & grass
– Add top soil or loosen existing soil to a minimum of 3″ of topsoil
– Clear surface of debris, rocks, sticks and leaves
How much do I water my new lawn?
– Water 2-3x per day for the first 3 weeks:
2-8 minutes per watering
Keep moist, but do not puddle
Adjust watering to weather (keep wood mulch moist)
Do NOT allow to get muddy
– After first mow (3-4 weeks), you can water once per day for a longer amount of time
Can Hydroseeding harm our pets?
– No. All materials are natural & safe
Will the wood mulch stain my driveway?
– No. Any excess wood mulch can be easily brushed off.
When is the best time to Hydroseed?
– Anytime the soil temperature is above 60 degrees. (Around mid-April)
– Higher temperatures mean faster growing grass.
– Cooler temperatures reduce the amount of watering.
Put us on your schedule today to have a full lawn in 3-4 weeks.
Call or Text Us
Request a quote or ask a question today!